Friday, May 30, 2008

Lazy day

May 30 - Hope to Hope (0 km)

I know, I know. Three days of biking and I'm already taking a day off. It is pretty lame of me I must admit, but I woke up this morning with little energy and a sensation in my throat. The weather was still overcast and cold, so I decided to take it easy. Enough with the excuses. Truth be told, I felt lazy and wanted to rest up. Since I didn't do much training prior to the trip, I had told myself that I would take it easy in the beginning and heh, these are officially holidays and I plan to enjoy them:)

This morning I watched a bit of tennis, Spiderman 3 and Transformers. At this rate, I'll be so sick and tired of lounging around that I'll do twice the work tomorrow. Actually, in a little bit I'm off to the tourist info to see what Hope has to offer. It is a pretty town and the surroundings are beautiful. So I'm hoping there is a good trail that I could hike. I also noticed in my walk around the town yesterday that Indiana Jones is playing this evening. So I'll be checking that out. I do have to maintain my support of Hollywood blockbusters after all.

Confession time. The fashionistas amongst you may not want to read the following paragraph. Since my luggage space is rather limited, I only brought two pair of footwear: my bike shoes and my sandles. Since the bike shoes aren't meant for walking great distances, I wear my sandles when off the bike. Well yesterday, as previously reported, was super cold (I think I saw on the weather network that it reached a high of 12). So, yes, I wore socks with my sandles!!! I'm sorry it was a horrible thing to do, but the alternative would have been freezing feet. I realize this is no excuse and I will do my utmost to limit this type of eyesore and trust me, no pictures will be taken of my socked feet in sandles.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Raghurai!

Good to see you in Ottawa last week and it's been fun to following your travels so far. Sorry I wasn't in Vancouver when you arrived.

Don't worry, socks and sandals are perfectly legal (even encouraged) here in BC :).

Have fun in Hope (I was going to make a bad pun about going beyond Hope, but I'll refrain ;)...and be sure to post a review of the new Indiana Jones movie. I haven't seen it yet.

Sat Nam,
Rama Tim

Unknown said...

Hey bud,

Glad to see things are under way and off to a good start. Good call on taking the day off, gotta hit that road-trip-groove. :)

BTW - I'm hoping you read this before you waste your time & money on the new Indiana Jones flick, saw it this week, wasn't impressed. Then again, if our past discussions of movies is anything to go by, you probably loved it. :) Take care & ride safe bud.

Ian

Roland Hebert said...

Ian, that was you. I saw the initial comment with just your tag line (I didn't see if you had signed it or not) and I thought, who in God's name is banerixat (sorry, I'm trying to keep this PG-13 after all). Good to hear from you and in case you're wondering, I am still going to go see Indiana Jones. It may not have Freddie Prince Jr., but I think it will satisfy my mindless fun criteria.

Tim, it was great seeing you in Ottawa. Honestly, when I arrived in Hope I thought to myself "Tim would have a really bad pun for this":) Seriously, I did think that and thank you for restraining yourself.