Saturday, May 24, 2008

May 24 - 1 day before Vancouver

Disclaimer: I wish to apologize from the very beginning of this blog for the many spelling mistakes that will invariably occur in the coming months. There are two principle reasons for this:
1) Computer size: I’ll take a picture of my travel computer when I get the chance (it’s packed right now), because as you will see, it was designed with the hands of a 5-year old child in mind. As a result, my hulking hands are a wee bit clumsy.
2) Spell check: Since my computer is pretty much bare of all frills, there is no spell check. And to my father’s great dismay, I decided not to bring a dictionary on my trip. See there is something you should know about my father. He has an unhealthy relationship with dictionaries. He feels ill at ease if a dictionary is not at arms length. As a symbol of my rebellious nature, I declare this a dictionary free trip!

I shaved my head last night for the trip (hopefully, I’ll be able to post some photos soon – I’m working with limited bandwidth right now). I didn’t go to the scalp, but decided rather to keep a bit of peach-fuzz. It’s not the first time that I shaved my head. So there was no surprise, but it was a strange experience nonetheless. It was as if by changing my appearance I was crossing a point of no return and a bit of anxiety about leaving stuff behind. This is pretty foolish of course as I crossed the point of no return about 6 months ago. Don’t get me wrong, I’m super hyped to start my trip and am looking forward to starting rather than simply planning and talking about it. A bit of last minute jitters I suppose.

Thanks for checking out my blog. I probably won’t post again until Monday at the earliest as tomorrow promises to be pretty busy. I’m hoping to meet up with Kevin, a yoga friend who moved to Vancouver a few years ago.

Cheers

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I envy the adventure you're about to have... possibly not the effort though. Keep us up to date bud, and keep the rubber side down. Ride safe.

Anonymous said...

Kronos Quartet.
Caro :-)